We would like to reassure you that we are currently still open for ALL patient treatments. We are and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in these difficult times.
We are well used to providing dental care to the highest standards whilst maintaining impeccable cross infection control. Dental practices are highly regulated and prepared for cross infection control. In fact, we were inspected by Care Quality Commission just 4 weeks back and were commended for our Infection control practice. Report attached at the bottom of email.
Of course, there is heightened concern relating to the spread of Covid-19 and so outlined below are the extra measures we have been putting in place:
- In keeping with the current national guidance we request that any patients with a new cough and or a temperature greater than 37.8 degrees Celsius please call to rearrange their appointment.
- Patients who live in a household with someone who has presented with the above symptoms are requested to call to rearrange their appointment.
- We have removed our normal array of magazines and information leaflets from the waiting room.
- We are using ‘spare’ staff to continuously wipe down ALL surfaces in the practice with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Patients are asked to enter the practice alone to minimize the number of people in our waiting room.
- Our appointment diary has been lightened to minimize the number of patients in the practice.
- The personal protective equipment worn by staff has been stepped up a level.
- If the waiting room already has the appropriate number of patients then we may ask you to wait in your car in the car park until your appointment time.
- Other measures being implemented this week include temperature checking of all staff and patients, plus further deep cleans at the end of the working day.
If you have any specific queries please email them to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01473 253870