Dental hygiene forms a vital part of preventative ethos at Ipswich Dental Surgery – and it’s not merely about brushing your teeth twice a day. A Dental Hygienist helps to prevent not only tooth decay, but also identifies signs of early gum disease and cures bad breath (halitosis). We firmly believe that good dental hygiene is the stepping stone for overall health and well-being.
An appointment with our Dental Hygienist is 30 minutes long and includes :
- Removal of plaque or calculus that has hardened over time using ultrasonic scalers
- Bad breath treatment
- Oral cancer screening, including early detection of tooth decay and identifying signs of gum disease
- Removal of any surface staining caused by smoking or consuming tea and coffee
- A thorough cleaning of gums to ensure the gums stay healthy and avoid tooth loss
- Oral Health instructions that are bespoke to you and your eating habits
For an appointment with our Hygienist, please call the practice on 01473 253870.
We operate a direct access so that means you can book a dental hygienist appointment without being referred by a dentist.
If your current dental practice does not offer a Dental Hygienist, then you can still visit our practice just for hygienist visits.
If you wish to see our Dental Therapist, they can also provide tooth fillings at an extra cost.
Our hygienist is fully trained and registered with the General Dental Council. Please click this link to see their registration details.