We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. You can visit the website without disclosing any information about yourself. We do not collect personal identifying information when you access the website homepage and browse the website without disclosing your personal data (except Cookies; see below under “Cookies”).
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
The information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit our site, for the purpose of booking an appointment with a dentist, subscribe to our e-mail notifications and/or newsletter service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and personal description.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the IP address, used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full URL click-stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Using your personal data
The information you give to us.
We may use this information to:
• enable your use of the services available on the website;
• send you general (non-marketing) communications;
• send you e-mail notifications;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer;
• provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to
identify any individual user; and/or
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research,
statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevantly.
advertising to you; and/or
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest
you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ipswich Dental Surgery, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the
purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to
the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and/or
• if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about
customers and website users will be one of the transferred assets.
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and/or
• credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us
entering into a contract with you.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to
those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
You expressly agree to such transfers, storing or processing of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request regarding your personal data, please contact your local practice
Access to Dental Records
You have the right to see any notes in your file. You are also entitled to see any data held on your file on the computer system under the terms of the Data Protection Act. Any request must be made by writing to the Practice Manager, or by filling in our Records Request Form. A fee will be payable for this service and it can take up to 40 days.
All personal information discussed with the Dentists and other practice staff will be treated in strictest confidence. Only members of the team have access to patient details. All of our patient records are securely stored. All staff have received training in the handling of confidential information, and our written and computer records are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information will not be disclosed to other parties not involved in the patient’s care without the patient’s specific permission in writing.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Model Publication Scheme
A guide to information provided by NHS dentists under the Model Publication Scheme, can be found on the ico website.